Are you up for it?
We are Telia Company Data & Analytics. We are leading Telia Company’s journey of becoming truly data driven, and leveraging big data as part of our ambitions of being a New Generation Telco. We are already 20 highly driven, competent and curios colleagues securing our big data services and outcomes from data and analytics. We are now taking the next step in our execution and are establishing a new team with engineers and developers for developing data pipelines on our data lake.
The Data & Analytics organisation at Telia Company provides three core big data “as a services” to our lines of businesses across six countries. The foundation is Platform as a Service, where we ensure modern data management and analytics tools and platforms. The Data as a Service provides the data pipelining and ensures that refined data is available for analytics to our lines of business. The third service is Analytics as a Service, where we have a team of data scientists working closely with our lines of businesses to ensure insights and outcome from our vast data. A fourth service that we provide is the Value Realization Office, where we work closely with our internal customers to ensure that we monetize and secure value from our data and analytics.
At the core of our Platform Services is our Hadoop Data Lake, together with several other modern development, data preparation and analytics tools, ranging from Cloudera, Notebooks, Spark, Kafka, Talend, Qlik, Knime, Zoomdata and SAS. We are working fully with DevOps and agile methodologies, in short sprint cycles, and with continuous releases.
We are now seeking a DevOps Engineer to join the new Data Platform Services unit. As a DevOps Engineer you play an instrumental part of a unique and inspiring journey as we continue to build our Big Data solution at Telia Company. You will be responsible for securing high-performing, flexible and robust big data platform solutions, using the latest big data technologies. You will be a key person in linking development and operational activities. You will work closely with both development teams and IT operations.
We want you to dare. We want you to lead with tenacity, humility, and inspiration and we want you to connect to the hearts and minds of our customers. If you’re up for it. If you want to be part of our journey. Then we want to talk to you.
- Work closely with the development and operations teams to ensure efficient and agile development and configuration activities.
- Continuously optimize our big data platform and tools in terms of flexibility, performance and robustness.
- Proactively analyze our platforms performance and security to address improvement potentials, fulfill changed business needs and adopt new technologies.
- Ensure and optimize automated solutions that support agile development, continuous integration and automated testing.
- Contribute to Telia Company's long-term architecture and roadmap within big data and analytics, with a strong DevOps perspective.
- 5+ years’ experience from software development and platform operation engineering positions.
- Hands-on experience from DevOps roles working with development and operations of platforms.
- Experience from working in Big Data environments using Big Data technologies such as MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, Python, R and No-SQL databases.
- Unix, Linux experience, scripting and configuration.
- Very good understanding of key success factors to secure high-performing, flexible and robust big data solutions.
- Experience from working in an agile IT environment with high-volume transactional systems.
- You are able to take responsibility for end-to-end tasks and have a strong analytical and goal-oriented approach to problem solving.
- You are driven, proactive and enjoy working in a high pace.
- Delivering true value to our customers and having fun along the way is very important for you.
Telia Company’s values Dare, Care and Simplify are the foundation for everything we do.
We Dare to lead by engaging with our customers and challenging ourselves.
We Care for our customers by providing solutions that are adapted to their needs.
We Simplify our teamwork through transparent communication, active collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Management: Global Services & Operations
Department: Data & Analytics
Selection and interviews may be ongoing during the application period.
For information about the process contact Niclas Cederberg firstname.lastname@example.org