Infrastructure Unit Head
Geocell announces a vacancy on the position of Infrastructure Unit Head of Technology Department
Main scope of Infrastructure Unit Head is to develop, design and maintain network technical infrastructure to ensure the stable operation of company's coverage and network
Duties and Responsibilitie:
- Ensures all equipment is deployed according to industry standards in general and is in compliance with Telia standards specifically;
- Responsible for the operational inventory of all data center equipment;
- Ensures that cabling practices and standards are being adhered to on internal cabling as well as contractor's
- Audits of and risk mitigation for future growth within the data center environment.
- Forecast for annual increases in space, cooling, and power needs.
- Keeps in constant contact and awareness for security and badge access for secured locations.
- Assists in the risk assessment, quality, and scope management of deployment project plans.
- Monitors Installation and manages all cable and network infrastructure supporting facility and customer connectivity;
- Makes proper material management and proper usage on existing material, new investment and spares; and gives early notification to management in case of risk on material stock on maintenance and growth needs.
Roll-out and Field
- Manage all civil works associated to roll-out
- Make proper tower installation plan and acceptance which needs to match with company’s yearly coverage requirements.
- Risk Management and forecasting (make notification where might have infrastructural problems/risks)
- To create proper business relations, workflows and communication between ICT Sections and ICT Management members regarding infrastructure management issues.
• Working with the team of professionals where you will feel as a part of a big family;
• We value employees that are open, fair, and hardworking. It is important to us that you achieve your own objectives as well as contribute to the overall goals of our company.
• A company culture built on respect and fairness; As part of Telia Company we invite you to participate in international projects and develop your career in an international environment.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of relative experience in data center and network operations and setup.
- Extensive knowledge of data center operations, telecommunications, network engineering, data center applications, client/server computing, and production operations support. Specific technologies of note include but not limited to Microsoft Server & Client operating system and infrastructure applications, Cisco Voice and Networking, VMware, Citrix, EMC and/or NetApp Enterprise-level SANs, Cisco Server infrastructures, and multi-carrier WANs.
- Experience in data center electrical, mechanical and network system operations and possess knowledge of large scale data centers, including electrical distribution systems, static and rotary UPS, emergency standby generation, fire alarm/suppression and monitoring systems. In addition, the Data Center Manager shall participate in the scheduling, coordination and completion all significant planned and emergency maintenance events for the facility and ensure these activities are executed in a controlled and proven method to ensure the reliability of the critical loads supported by these systems.
- Advanced knowledge of MS windows and MS office;
- Fluent knowledge of Georgian, English and Russian languages.