IT Infra Transformation Enabler
Global Services and Operations (GSO) is the forefront of New Generation Telco through commercial excellence and technology leadership. We make sure that we are geared up to deliver greatness to customers across all our markets. Services, networks and architecture are future proof, secure and add value. Our job is to deliver skill, scale and simplicity. We create new business, explore potential revenue streams and make the long term bets. We’re the company thought leaders and the catalyst for tomorrow’s Telia Company. The winning Telia Company.
As part of the Global Services and Operations organization we are opening a position as IT Infra Transformation Enabler to find the right person to strengthen the IT Infra Transformation team. IT Infra Transformation is responsible for Simplification and Transformation for driving the change agenda within Telia Company GSO IT IT Infrastructure Services Area. The purpose of this role is to ensure the successful alignment, prioritization and execution of strategy within in the organization. The role will also secure the foundation for cross-organizational coordination of teams and secure close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders.
The IT Infra Transformation Enabler we are looking for will be responsible for ensuring this area being future-safe and fit-for-purpose for Telia Company. Telia Company is on a journey to become Next Generation Telco and for us this means that we should help our company by giving solutions and tools to work more agile and flexible, both globally and in the countries. We are thereby transforming our existing tools and working methods to support Telia Company on this journey ahead and you as IT Infra Transformation Enabler is in charge of that. In the unit we are also responsible for IT Infrastructure Services and tooling for Architecture- and process design, Quality management, Governance Risk and Compliance as well as Request fulfilment.
We are looking for you who has a large “drive” and ability to explain our common visions and also make them happen. You have worked as project manager and have ambition to move closer to IT or are an engineer or have degree in BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus or comparable skills and have experience in project- and portfolio management, or a wish to excel in this area. You are also familiar with tools for project- and portfolio management. You as a person is structured and clear. Telia Company today work with both agile and waterfall project methods, depending on the size and complexity of the tasks, and you will have to understand both. The supporting services and solution we provide are to be used in the entire company and you need to have great communication skills as well as the ability to listen and take actions to provide the best value to Telia Company. You understand the necessity of IT Infrastructure Services in a large company as Telia Company and you like to meet and cooperate with others. Due to us having interesting transformations ahead, you will also be working with analysing and suggesting different options and propose the best way forward depending on given prerequisites. In this we strive to work agile and tightly with our internal IT Infrastructure Services in Telia Company. You will also work closely with our vendors in order for us to bridge the understanding of how Telia Company would like to support the business processes performing change today and in the future with the help of current and new tools.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Assume responsibility for the program’s people and vendors
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues
- Prepare reports for program directors
- Proven experience as a Project Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
Expectations on you as IT Infra Transformation Enabler are genuine interest for cooperation with the peers and stakeholders in different units. Technical expertise and understanding of design, quality in production as well as desire to develop the organization towards more customer centric organization. You will be a key contributor to the success of GSO IT Infrastructure Services.
- You enjoy cooperating with others and you are good at listening and analyzing
- You are driven, result oriented and proactive
- You display a positive outlook and high level of integrity
- You have a pedagogic skill, explaining complex subjects in a way understood by many
- You encourage cooperation and trust towards business and users, as well as with vendors
- You have genuine desire to develop the supporting services we provide, having high quality it tools, well aligned with Telia Company needs, today and in the future
- You dislike silo thinking and are open minded and positive, believing in the power of change
- You enjoy being a member of our Journey Ahead and like to work in an emerging environment
- PMI or IPMA
- TC PROMO, PROPS, XLPM or other methodology
- ITIL certification
- Any other project management certification
- Tool knowledge in the Jira/Confluence suite or other PPM tool with agile capabilities
- Experience of managing external suppliers regarding IT
- You have excellent skills both in written and spoken English