IT Solution Architect for Project Management Service
Unit: Effectiveness Services, within Global Services and Operations IT Enterprise Services
Global Services and Operations is the forefront of New Generation Telco through commercial excellence and technology leadership. We make sure that we are geared up to deliver greatness to customers across all our markets. Services, networks and architecture are future proof, secure and add value. Our job is to deliver skill, scale and simplicity. We create new business, explore potential revenue streams and make the long term bets. We’re the company thought leaders and the catalyst for tomorrow’s Telia Company. The winning Telia Company.
As part of the Global Services and Operations organization we are opening a position as IT Solution Architect to find the right person to strengthen the Effectiveness Services team. Effectiveness Services is a unit which provides IT Services and solutions to support Telia Company with internal solutions for Project- and Portfolio management including IT support for our project management model, master data related to that as well as IT support to have IT solutions fit for purpose and with as big business value as possible.
The IT Solution Architect we are looking for will be responsible for ensuring this area being future-safe and fit-for-purpose for Telia Company. Telia Company is on a journey to become Next Generation Telco and for us this means that we should help our company by giving solutions and tools to work more agile and flexible, both globally and in the countries. We are thereby transforming our existing tools and working methods to support Telia Company on this journey ahead and you as IT Solution Architect is in charge of that. In the unit we are also responsible for IT Services and tooling for Architecture- and process design, Quality management, Governance Risk and Compliance as well as Request fulfillment.
We are looking for you who has a large “drive” and ability to explain our common visions and also make them happen. You have worked as project manager and have ambition to move closer to IT or are an engineer or have degree in computer science or comparable skills and have experience in project- and portfolio management, or a wish to excel in this area. You are also familiar with tools for project- and portfolio management. You as a person is structured and clear. Telia Company today work with both agile and waterfall project methods, depending on the size and complexity of the tasks, and you will have to understand both. The supporting services and solution we provide are to be used in the entire company and you need to have great communication skills as well as the ability to listen and take actions to provide the best value to Telia Company. You understand the necessity of networking in a large company as Telia Company and you like to meet and cooperate with others.
Due to us having interesting transformations ahead, you will also be working with analyzing and suggesting different options and propose the best way forward depending on given prerequisites. In this we strive to work agile and tightly with our internal network in Telia Company.
You will also work closely with our vendors in order for us to bridge the understanding of how Telia Company would like to support the business processes performing change today and in the future with the help of current and new tools.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Find synergies in current tool in the area
- Business Analyst capabilities to support business in finding the right tool for right purpose, start with what we have
- SPOC Project management Service
- Second line for a Service Desk around Project management Service
- Update instructions and FAQ’s together with business on the Project management topic
- Responsible for IT solution design for specific solutions in the area of project- and portfolio management
- Responsible for supporting our stakeholders in expressing requirements for service design and suggest improvements
- Responsible for ensuring specific IT solution documentation is updated through design activities
- Responsible to make sure our services are provided with data quality and in line with our architectural frameworks and methods
- Participate in integration IT Roadmap and architecture strategies planning and execution
- Together with the other units in Global Services & Operations and Country IT you will drive and contribute to harmonize the way of working with design and related deliverables.
Expectations on you as IT Solution Architect are genuine interest for cooperation with the peers and stakeholders in different units. Technical expertise and understanding of design, quality in production as well as desire to develop the organization towards more customer centric organization. You will be a key contributor to the success of GSO IT
What we offer
We offer you a challenging and inspiring journey ahead as we build our future with a strong Global Services and Operations IT organization at Telia Company. You will have a major role in establishing the future baseline services and bring high quality for current and new IT services to enable and reach superior customer experience. We offer you an environment where you together with your colleagues and peers will drive the organization towards more customer centric culture. You will be given many responsibilities since we expect you to be very skilled and enjoying challenges. You will find yourselves being highly appreciated and we are longing to meet you. Your closest team members are not that many, but we are working with networking and we are constantly creating new networks with peers in the country organization as well as with other units within Global Services and Operations. Working in a silos is our biggest fear. Also, we will welcome you to our new office in Solna.
Join Telia – the #MostAttractive Employer of the year 2017!
- You enjoy cooperating with others and you are good at listening and analyzing
- You are driven, result oriented and proactive
- You display a positive outlook and high level of integrity
- You have a pedagogic skill, explaining complex subjects in a way understood by many
- You encourage cooperation and trust towards business and users, as well as with vendors
- You have genuine desire to develop the supporting services we provide, having high quality it tools, well aligned with Telia Company needs, today and in the future
- You dislike silo thinking and are open minded and positive, believing in the power of change
- You enjoy being a member of our Journey Ahead and like to work in an emerging environment
- Relevant bachelors or master’s degree in engineering or computer science
- You have at least 5 years working experience as project manager. Also having worked as a project portfolio manager will also be seen as an advantage.
- Ability to understand functional and architectural structure of IT systems
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture
- You are skilled in agile developments methods
- You have experience and good knowledge of at least a few of the tools we currently uses as the solution basis, such as Jira or other agile project management support tools with portfolio capabilities
- You are familiar with process development and now how to work with process oriented methods and frameworks
- PMI or IPMA
- TC PROMO, PROPS, XLPM or other methodology
- ITIL certification
- Any other project management certification
- Tool knowledge in the Jira/Confluence suite or other PPM tool with agile capabilities
- Experience of managing external suppliers regarding IT
- You have excellent skills both in written and spoken English
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.