IT Service Specialist / Application Engineer
Unit: Effectiveness Services, within Global Services and Operations IT Enterprise Services
The IT Solution Manager and Application engineer have the responsibility to make sure that the IT systems which the unit is responsible for are up and working. But also to have them utilized in an efficient way as well as installed and run in accordance with our security- and architectural regulations. That includes to handle back-ups, patches and upgrades according to recommendations and guidelines. You are to be hands-on technical, but willing to also communicate with the users and business and in some cases also participate when we are needing changes in the landscape due to new demands. You will also be the speaking part towards software vendors and other IT units within Telia as well as outsourcing vendors in some cases. Part of the work includes to administrate the agreements on the software. In many cases that also means to understand the license set-up and make the usage as optimized as possible.
We are responsible for around 20 IT systems. They are a rather diverse set of techniques behind them, but they all serve as tools to help Telia work efficient.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Second line support to users if there is help needed
- Application maintenance tasks
- IT Service management responsible for delivery handling incidents, problems, request fulfillments
- Configuration management, both in internal IT systems as well as in the CMDB where the infrastructure is maintained
- Basic development in addition to the configuration of our systems
- Basic agreement and license administration
- Test coordination
- Relevant bachelors or master’s degree in engineering or computer science
- You have at least 3 years working experience in the area of application maintenance
- Ability to understand functional and architectural structure of IT systems
- Experience in Service Oriented Architecture, certification in either ITIL or COBIT
- You might have experience in configuration management and in particular BMC Atrium
- You can have experience and good knowledge of at least a few of the tools we currently uses as the solution basis, such as HP Quality Center, HP Performance Center, Jira, ARIS, Alfabet, Clarity PPM or maintenance of any off-the-shelf cloud-based solutions
- You have proven capabilities in maintaining multiple applications in an enterprise environment
- You have excellent skills both in written and spoken English
What we offer
We offer you a challenging and inspiring journey ahead as we build our future with a strong Global Services and Operations IT organization at Telia Company. You will have a major role in establishing the future baseline services and a new team in Vilnius. You will be part of bringing high quality services for current and new IT services to enable and reach superior customer experience. We offer you an environment where you together with your colleagues and peers will drive the organization towards more customer centric culture. You will be given many responsibilities since we expect you to be curious and enjoying challenges. Also, we will welcome you to our new office in Solna on regular basis.
Join Telia – the #MostAttractive Employer of the year 2017!
About Telia Company
Global Services and Operations is the forefront of New Generation Telco through commercial excellence and technology leadership. We make sure that we are geared up to deliver greatness to customers across all our markets. Services, networks and architecture are future proof, secure and add value. Our job is to deliver skill, scale and simplicity. We create new business, explore potential revenue streams and make the long term bets. We’re the company thought leaders and the catalyst for tomorrow’s Telia Company. The winning Telia Company.
2017. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed continuously during the application period.
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed