Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps engineer
Are you the next star of Telia, who is able and willing to make the difference, secure and improve customer experience through DevOps –methods. In this position you will be maintaining and developing crucial service solution to ease our customers life.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a challenging journey as we take the next steps towards Next Generation Telco.
Global Services and Operations (GSO) is now seeking new talents to join us in our Transformation journey becoming the “New Generation Telco”.
GSO within Telia Company is responsible for networks, technologies and IT, and is the enabler of an excellent customer experience.
We are looking for three to five new colleagues who have that general curiosity towards the technology domain(s) both when it comes to proven and emerging technologies. Someone who can see possibilities instead of problems and have a positive approach.
As a Senior DevOps engineer You and the team have full accountability - 24x7 - to operate, maintain and further develop telias end user identity service.
You will be bringing the devops culture to Telia and implement this new way of working together with your team. The team will also participate in agile development with new configurations of new service features in Telia when they relate to end user identity.
You and the team are responsible of continuous nonfunctional improvement of the service - thus proactive and self guiding way of familiarizing with the system and finding better ways of doing things is a key to success. Natural curiosity on how stuff works is a must.
• Work together with the team to develop, secure and maintain the Service
• Problem solving with an proactive/preventative approach
• Deploy and configure continuous changes and integrations within the application landscape
• Continuously keep different technical documentation up to date
• Be part of the on-call duty team
Knowledge and experience
• Proven mastery of Linux, from shell scripting to server provisioning
• Strong troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and analytical skills
• Experience with cloudification and virtualization technology
• Experience with Tomcat, Redis, MySQL/ MariaDB, Netty, RabbitMQ, NGINX, Hibernate
• TCP/IP networking, SMTP, SSH, DNS, CDN and network security.
• Experience with client platforms (iOS/Android/Web)
• Experience with server platforms (REST API, Java)
• Strong understanding of RESTful APIs and open systems
• Real-world experience with large-scale, redundant, carrier grade 24x7 systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or strong technical credentials and equivalent experience
• At least few years of experience in DevOps or Linux Support Engineering & development, Customer Support, Quality Assurance or a combination of these roles
• You are able to work unhampered in English, written and verbally, Nordic language (Finnish/ Swedish) is an advantage
• Excellent in communication and making things happen
• You feel comfortable having your own dedicated responsibilities
• You understand the importance in delivering quality and being thorough
• You like to solve tasks as an individual or in groups where the ambition is to grow together with others and provide beneficial synergies
• You are positive and open for new ideas and changes
What we offer
Telia Company provides network access and telecommunication services that help people and customers communicate in an easy, efficient and environmentally friendly way. International strength combined with local excellence is what makes us truly unique – and provides excellent customer experience, all the way from the Nordic countries to Nepal.
We offer you the possibility to be part of our challenging journey in an international environment where you will be a key player in securing great customer experience and to support the continued growth in Telia Company.
Join Telia – the #MostAttractive Employer in Lithuania of the year 2017!
Confidentiality guaranteed. Only selected candidates will be informed.