TeliaSonera publishes Sustainability Report 2013
TeliaSonera’s Sustainability Report 2013 describes TeliaSonera’s sustainability performance during the year, with special emphasis on work related to anti-corruption and freedom of expression.
The report addresses TeliaSonera’s position as a vital telecommunications service provider in challenging environments, and the ongoing work to integrate sustainability into everyday business practices.
During 2013 TeliaSonera focused on strengthening its governance and management of sustainability issues in order to better manage risks and to leverage positive impact. Highlights during the year included:
- The new Board established a Sustainability and ethics committee
- An Ethics and compliance office was established, responsible for implementing an ethics and compliance framework that ensures a systematic and consistent approach to ethical and legal requirements and risks.
- Two important policies, one on anti-corruption and one on freedom of expression in telecommunications, were adopted to formalize TeliaSonera’s point of view and to give guidance on how the company should act.
- A Code of Ethics and Conduct e-learning was successfully rolled out in the entire organization – a big step towards making each TeliaSonera employee aware of the company’s commitments and their individual responsibilities.
- Further efforts on improving sustainability reporting practices which resulted in a more accurate and complete picture of performance.
The 2013 sustainability report is prepared according to GRI G3.1 guidelines (including the Telecommunications Sector Supplement Pilot), disclosure level B+. The report is externally assured by PwC.
TeliaSonera welcomes feedback, questions or comments about its sustainability work and reporting at sustainability-group (at) teliasonera.com.
For more information about TeliaSonera’s sustainability work, visit www.teliasonera.com/sustainability.