TeliaSonera January-September 2006
• Net sales increased to SEK 67,873 million (64,785).
• Net income increased to SEK 14,745 million (10,352) and earnings per share increased to SEK 2.89 (1.95).
• Free cash flow increased to SEK 13,731 million (12,403).
• Strong customer growth year on year:
- 2.1 million new customers in the majority-owned Nordic, Baltic and Eurasian operations.
- 14.7 million new customers in the associated companies
MegaFon and Turkcell.
• Net sales increased 4.2 percent to SEK 23,157 million (22,229).
• Operating income, excluding non-recurring items, improved to SEK 7,802 million (6,162).
• EBITDA, excluding non-recurring items, improved to SEK 8,756 million (8,224) and the margin increased to 37.8 percent (37.0).
• Free cash flow increased to SEK 4,870 million (4,088).
• Net income increased to SEK 5,745 million (4,367) and earnings per share increased to SEK 1.13 (0.84).
• The Board of Directors intends to propose an ordinary dividend for 2006 in the upper range of the interval 30-50 percent of net in-come attributable to shareholders of the parent company.
• Extraordinary dividends of SEK 20 billion to be proposed for 2006.
Comments from Anders Igel, President and CEO
“This year TeliaSonera has demonstrated its strength. The third quarter posted all-time high net sales, EBITDA, operating income and earnings per share.”