New executive management in TeliaSonera
Following the decision to change TeliaSonera’s operating model a new Group Executive Management team will be formed. It will consist of twelve members with a mix of international experience and relevant industry background. It combines new people and outside experience with high performing existing members. There are two vacancies and one acting in the team. Permanent solutions are expected to be in place before April 1st, which is when the new organization will be up and running.
Erik Hallberg is a new member of the existing Group Management, he will replace Veysel Aral as President of Business Area Eurasia effective immediately and be Executive Vice President of the geographical area Eurasia from April 1st. He has thorough international experience. Most recently Erik Hallberg was President of TeliaSonera International Carrier within Business Area Broadband Services, he has also been head of TeliaSonera’s Baltic operations among other things.
The new Group Executive Management team from April 1st:
- Sweden – Malin Frenning, Executive Vice President (EVP). Currently Head of Broadband Services.
- Eurasia – Erik Hallberg, EVP. Currently President of TeliaSonera International Carrier.
- Europe – Robert Andersson, EVP. Currently Head of Finland.
- Technology – Sverker Hannervall, Senior Vice President (SVP), Chief Technology Officer (CTO). Currently acting Head of Business Area Mobility Services.
- Technology – Åke Södermark, SVP, deputy CTO. Currently Head of Group IT.
- Commercial – Vacant.
- Strategy & Business Development – Vacant.
- Finance – Christian Luiga, SVP, acting Chief Financial Officer.
- Human Resources – Karin Eliasson, SVP.
- Legal Affairs – Jonas Bengtsson, SVP, General Counsel (starts Jan 7).
- Communications – Peter Borsos, SVP (starts Jan 9).
“I am happy to have large parts of the new management team in place. The members have been chosen for their excellent leadership skills and proven ability to drive business with customer focus,” says Johan Dennelind, President and CEO of TeliaSonera.
TeliaSonera AB discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Swedish Securities Markets Act and/or the Swedish Financial Instrument Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication at 08:45 a.m. CET on December 16, 2013.
Statements made in the press release relating to future status or circumstances, including future performance and other trend projections are forward-looking statements. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve risk and uncertainty because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that will occur in the future. There can be no assurance that actual results will not differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements due to many factors, many of which are outside the control of TeliaSonera.
TeliaSonera provides network access and telecommunication services in the Nordic and Baltic countries, the emerging markets of Eurasia, including Russia and Turkey, and in Spain. TeliaSonera helps people and companies communicate in an easy, efficient and environmentally friendly way. Our ambition is to be number one or two in all our markets, providing the best customer experience, high quality networks and cost efficient operations. TeliaSonera is also the leading European wholesale provider with a wholly-owned international carrier network. In 2012, net sales amounted to SEK 105 billion, EBITDA to SEK 36.1 billion and earnings per share to SEK 4.59. The TeliaSonera share is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and NASDAQ OMX Helsinki. Read more at www.teliasonera.com.