Lead Frontend developer
We are Telia Company. Our 21 000 talented colleagues serve millions of customers every day in one of the World’s most connected regions. With a strong connectivity base, we are the hub in the digital ecosystem, empowering people, companies and societies to stay in touch with everything that matters 24/7/365 - on their terms. Our values Care, Dare, Simplify support our vision to create unmatched customer experience.
In Norway, Telia is the second largest supplier of mobile services and offers a complete range of services for businesses and consumers. Our products and services are marketed under the Telia, Phonero, Chess, OneCall and MyCall brands.
Our department, Products & IT (P&IT) within our Technology division, is on a journey towards becoming a New Generation Telco. We are about to transform what we are and what we have, into a new digital world. On our journey, we are building up a lean and agile department, with focus on continual improvement. For our online channels, we seek a technical lead with drive and energy to make great experiences for our customers and build ownership together with the product team.
We are looking for a senior full-stack developer who can take the role of technical lead for one of our autonomous product teams. We have started on a journey to create a modern front-end architecture. The work is challenging but also a lot of fun. As a senior full-stack developer you will be influential in setting the architectural direction and taking lead in the development. You must have an agile mindset and the ability to adapt to changes in the environment. We strive to work in cross-functional autonomous teams, our goal is that teams have responsibility for products all the way from idea to production.
What you will do
As a lead frontend developer, you will take the role as technical lead in one of our cross-functional teams. You will work on development of one (or more) of our channels, where focus is to improve the customer experience in combination with our business goals.You will work together with other disciplines in lean and iterative processes. You are eager to improve our processes, you challenge existing ways of thinking and you are curios and adaptive to new technologies.
- People skilled and great at working in cross-functional and virtual teams with people from other parts of the organization
- A frontend or full stack developer, with a working understanding of modern development tools, workflows and frameworks
- Passionate about technology, and have a strong interest in learning about and playing with new technologies
- Proud of one or more personal projects that you want to tell us about
- Social and outgoing in the office, with good communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, rooted in agile methodologies
- Self-driven with the ability to work towards a common goal without micro management
- Driven by internal motivation, taking initiative on, and responsibility for, new ideas, instead of waiting for requirements or handovers from business units
- Intrigued, instead of discouraged, by challenges
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- At least a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, or an intriguing reason for not having one
- Experience with languages like Less and Sass for CSS
- Experience with libraries/frameworks like Angular, React, Knockout
- Strong understanding of web performance, scalability, and implementation constraints
- Experience with agile development methods
- Experience with modern web architecture
- Experience with CMS systems like epiServer or similar
Its a big plus if you have
- Fluency in Norwegian, both oral and written
- Development experience with backend languages or systems
- Experience with transpilation tools like Babel
- Experience with ES2015 and beyond
- Experience with building, deployment, monitoring etc. (DevOps)
- Experience with .NET and C#
- Experience with AWS
We offer you an exciting position within Telia, where you get the possibility to make an impact on our frontend channels, regarding both code and direction for the different channels. You will get the opportunity to work with skilled colleagues within different disciplines, colleagues that are happy to pull each other forward. We have high ambitions, and for the right people, there are many opportunities to continue your growth and development, in various directions.