Last application date
I am Jari Leppäniemi and I am working in Telia IT Production unit. Right now, we are looking for a Software Developer, who would join a self-organized team responsible for geographic information (GIS) and availability query systems. The team is building the future on how to provide data to sales and network construction processes. Primary location Helsinki, Tripla or Tampere.
Your next challenge?
This is an excellent opportunity for you, who wants to take a step forward professionally. The role includes both development and maintenance tasks. What you develop, you will also maintain and operate. You will make sure that we will have minimal number of incidents and the best quality with our systems and production. The systems are supporting different processes like providing availability information of our services to sales and customers.
Your tasks will include:
- Develop and deploy new frontend and backend features based on stakeholder and regulatory demands
- Develop and maintain the overall system architecture
- Support other teams with E2E testing and test yourself new features you develop
- Solve and fix production related issues together with other teams and vendors
- Make sure that systems are compliant with internal IT audit controls
What do we offer?
We offer you a great place to innovate and develop yourself. You will be joining colleagues, who are passionate about their work and have fun doing it. You will be working with wide range of people and learning constantly new. We also offer:
- Brand new office in Tripla and flexible remote work possibilities
- Possibility to explore new tools, use new technologies and grow professionally
- Benefits like lunch, sport, wellbeing, culture and medical
Who are you?
You are an experienced software developer with a background from maintaining IT systems, without fear of digging into backend and database issues. Additionally, in order to succeed you need to have a background with GIS solutions.
- Self-oriented and proactive way of working with IT system environments
- Desire for continuous self-development and following the trends in the industry
- Team player and you take ownership of getting things done
Your knowledge and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in GIS application development and maintenance
- Experience from working with: ArcGIS, GeoServer, FME, SQL, source control, Git and containers/Docker
- Operational experience from Oracle database environments versions 12c and 19c
- Familiar in agile and/or SAFe development, tools and DevOps way of working
- Fluent in English and preferably also in Finnish
If you fancy joining my team, apply for the job! Applications through our recruiting system only (click APPLY). Please attach your CV and cover letter.
For further information, please be in contact via email Jari.Leppaniemi@teliacompany.com. Selection is ongoing, so do not hesitate to get in touch! Last application date is 15.8.2021.
The person selected needs to pass standard security clearance done according to The Security Clearance Act (726/2014).
Welcome to Telia – Home to your next big opportunity!
Everything we do is about bringing the world closer through technology. Our 20,000 talented colleagues serve millions of customers every day in one of the world’s most connected regions. We’re empowering people, companies and societies. This is our business. Our passion. Our home. Welcome to Telia, the home of your next big opportunity and a place where everyone can be themselves with equal access to opportunities.