Voice Core Engineer
Mustamäe tee 3, Tallinn
Last application date
Up for your next challenge? We are now looking for a Voice Core Engineer to join our team in Telia Global Services & Operations. My name is Jurijus Kravcenka and I am leading Voice and IMS Operations East. Our team of passionate telecommunication professionals is responsible for operations of Mobile Voice Core and IMS networks in Nordic and Baltic countries. We are looking for a new colleague to strengthen our team in Tallinn.
Your next challenge?
We are on exciting journey towards New Generation Telco, making significant changes in our networks and services and the way we operate them. As a Voice Core Engineer you will have the responsibility to operate CS Core network (including MSS, MGW, HLR, etc.) providing mobile voice services to our customers. You will play a key role in building and operating leading edge communication services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participation in development and migration projects, configuration and implementation, integration and testing of network elements, functions and services;
- Preventive maintenance and support;
- Incident and problem handling (2nd and 3rd line support, including On-Call-Duty);
- Advanced troubleshooting, including signaling tracing (SIP, SIP-I, Diameter, SS7, DNS, LDAP, etc.)
Who are you?
Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, has university degree (BSc, MSc or equivalent) in a relevant field (such as communications, IT, network technologies, etc.), has analytical, problem-solving mind-set and good communication skills. We appreciate pragmatic, supportive and results-oriented way of working. You are service minded, focused, take ownership, keep promises and act responsible in your line of work. In this position fluent English is required.
- You have good understanding of Telecom Core Network and services from end-to-end perspective;
- You have experience in operating mobile CS-Core networks; knowledge of Ericsson MSS and MGW products is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of signaling protocols used in telecommunications (SIP, SIP-I, SS7, SIGTRAN Diameter, etc.);
- Understanding of IP (TCP/IP) networks and knowledge of Linux / Unix operating systems;
- Knowledge of Telco cloud (NFVI) environment is an advantage.
If you fancy joining my team, apply for the job! Do you need to know more, call me on +358 40 302 3327 . Selection is ongoing, so do not hesitate to get in touch.