An update on our action programme related to human rights
Since we initiated our action programme related to the protection of privacy and freedom of expression in April, we have taken a number of actions: We set in...
Since we initiated our action programme related to the protection of privacy and freedom of expression in April, we have taken a number of actions.
- We set in motion a review of the legal and license based requirements for lawful interception affecting mobile operators in Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Moldova – the addressed markets.
- We have also initiated a more detailed assessment of the internal processes we follow when our active involvement in providing information is required.
- The action program as a whole, as well as the regulatory review process will be highlighted in a management meeting with all the CEO’s of our Eurasian operations in the second week of June.
- We have also made a request to the Turkcell board to initiate similar reviews for Turkey, Ukraine and Belarus – markets where Turkcell is active. The request was addressed in a Turkcell board meeting in the last week of May and received a positive response.
- At the same time, we have initiated a similar review of our Nordic and Baltic markets in order to compare the EU legislation with the regulatory framework in the other countries where we are active.
Other actions outlined in the programme will take a bit more time, but some, as the dialogue with relevant ministers in the countries are imminent.
Click here to read the initial actions we committed to on April 27.