Telia and TV4 in digital partnership
- 2002-05-14 22:00 UTC
Telia and TV4 have started a strategic partnership. The digital TV, interactive TV and broadband sectors are seeing distribution and content moving closer together. Through this agreement, Telia and TV4 will bolster each other and mutually develop digital media.
Telia and TV4 will start co-operating in the following areas:
* Sweden's largest cable TV network, Telia's cable media company com hem and TV4, are planning the distribution of TV4's future TV channels, namely a sports and games channel and a news channel. com hem already broadcasts TV4's new chat window, Mediteve.
* com hem's digital TV customers will be able to view all of TV4's digital broadcasts.
* Telia's e-company, comhem.se, and TV4 are starting a partnership between the companies' websites that could create Sweden's biggest media site.
* Telia and TV4 will start a joint project to develop interactive TV advertising.
* Position X will be broadcast every weekday, Monday to Friday. Competitors will be chased across Sweden with the help of mobile positioning. Viewers can follow the chase on their TVs and via the internet.
"It is important that we underpin the distribution of our new digital TV channels", says TV4's Chief Executive Jan Scherman.
"Together with Telia we will reach a larger audience. We will also be able to offer our advertisers completely new opportunities in this digital age".
"In the future the difference between broadband and TV will be negligible and with TV4 we can be at the forefront of developments in Sweden. This means direct advantages for all current com hem customers and paves the way in new entertainment for our mutual future customers", says Indra Åsander, Head of business area Telia Internet Services.
Ola Kallemur, PR Manager, Telia Internet Services, Phone: +46 70 600 12 59
This information was brought to you by Waymaker http://www.waymaker.net