Telia forcing prices of wireless broadband surf down
As of October 1, Telia’s mobile customers can surf with the speed of broadband on a wireless connection from all of Telia’s 1,000 surf zones in Scandinavia for just SEK 10 a day. Telia HomeRun Flatrate is now being reduced from SEK 800 per month to SEK 299 per month (excluding VAT). Approximately half of the surfing zones are located in Sweden.
“There is a clear trend to work from locations other than the office. Many are interested in a flexible and mobile work situation, but not all have attained it. Our goal is to enable these people to try out this new work style by lowering our prices,” says Anders Tillander, TeliaSonera Sweden’s manager of the business market.
Subscriptions New monthly fee as Previous monthly Traffic fees
of Oct. 1 fee
Telia HomeRun SEK 299 SEK 800 Free surfing
Telia HomeRun Base* SEK 30 SEK 30 SEK 1.60/minute
Telia HomeRun SEK 348 SEK 1,065 Free surfing
Telia HomeRun Base SEK 40 SEK 90 SEK 2/minute
*For Telia’s mobile subscription customers. All prices are exclusive of VAT.
Top ten – Telia customer’s most popular surf zones
1. Clarion Hotel, Stockholm
2. Aronsborg Konferenshotell, Bålsta
3. Quality Hotel Panorama, Göteborg
4. Radisson SAS Royal Park, Stockholm
5. Quality Hotel Globe, Stockholm
6. Radisson SAS Grand Hotel, Helsingborg
7. Elite Palace Hotel, Stockholm
8. Quality Hotel Konserthuset, Malmö
9. Hotel Bolinder Munktell, Eskilstuna
10. The SAS lounge, Heathrow, London
The list is based on customer usage in June 2006.