TeliaSoneras’s subsidiary NetCom wins major media contract
The contract has a volume of 60 MNRK over the coming four years, for 3600 mobile subscriptions to the head office as well as district offices. Furthermore mobile broadband and several thousands of 4G subscriptions are included in the contract.
4G opens up for the future
NetCom’s prioritized drive of 4G-technology was one of the most important criteria which spoke in favor of NetCom.
- We are very much looking forward to be part of and profit from their ambitious coverage plans, says Jon Espen Lohne, Director Finance and Administration, NRK.
- We pay great importance to the contract with NRK as it confirms that our investments in mobile coverage, speed and quality pays off. The 4G network opens up for live broadcasting and high speed transfer of voice and images between premises where you have been compelled to fixed broadband access, says August Baumann, President of NetCom.
- We are excited to follow how NRK will be able to profit from the possibilities that our 4G technology provide, Mr. Baumann adds.
- The Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) has chosen TeliaSonera’s Norwegian subsidiary NetCom as their new supplier of telephone services,
- The four year contract is worth NOK 60 million, and includes 3600 mobile subscriptions, transfer of fixe voice traffic, mobile broadband and several thousands of 4G subscriptions.
- NetCom won the open tender. Complaint period closes March 24.
- NetCom is investing NOK 1 billion on increased network coverage, mobile broadband speed and quality over the coming two years.
- 4G next generation mobile broadband with speeds up to 80 Mbps, will be rolled out in large parts of Norway during the period.