Renowned jury to select the next Östen Mäkitalo Award winners
- 2013-06-25 08:00 UTC
For the second year in a row, TeliaSonera is awarding scholarships to the best innovators and entrepreneurs within IT and telecoms. The jury for the 2013 Östen Mäkitalo Award is now appointed and it is comprised of leading entrepreneurs, academics and business professionals.
Last year TeliaSonera instituted a scholarship in memory of Östen Mäkitalo’s achievements. Through his visionary approach and ability to transcend boundaries between technology areas, Östen’s leadership contributed to innovations such as the world’s first fully automated mobile phone system, NMT, and the first national paging system.
The scholarship will be given to innovators and entrepreneurs who have put IT and telecoms into practice in new and pioneering ways and who hold the same potential as Östen Mäkitalo did – the potential to channel technology, creativity and good ideas into great new things.
The jury to select the best and brightest entrepreneurs and innovators of 2013 is now appointed and consists of:
- Per Andersson, Professor at the Stockholm School of Economics
- Malin Frenning, Swedish Business Woman of the Year 2011 and President, TeliaSonera Broadband Services
- Stina Honkamaa, Head of Google Sweden and incoming CEO and Co-Founder of United Screens
- Martin Lorentzon, founder of Tradedoubler and founder and Chairman of Spotify
- Gunilla von Platen, serial entrepreneur, founder and owner of Xzakt Kundrelationer.
The jury will be chaired by Jens Zander, Professor of Radio Communications at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
- I’m very proud to have such a distinguished jury onboard for this year’s Östen Mäkitalo Awards. We will now get to work with the hope that all great entrepreneurs and innovators seize the opportunity to apply for the award, says Jens Zander.
SEK 200 000, business mentorship with TeliaSonera, as well as a trip to the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona awaits the winners. The winners will be announced at a ceremony in Stockholm towards the end of the year.
Applications for the Östen Mäkitalo Award are now open.
Visit http://www.teliasonera.com/osten-makitalo-award for more information on how to apply.
For more information, please contact Niklas Henricson, +46 706 72 50 40
TeliaSonera provides network access and telecommunication services in the Nordic and Baltic countries, the emerging markets of Eurasia, including Russia and Turkey, and in Spain. TeliaSonera helps people and companies communicate in an easy, efficient and environmentally friendly way. Our ambition is to be number one or two in all our markets, providing the best customer experience, high quality networks and cost efficient operations. TeliaSonera is also the leading European wholesale provider with a wholly-owned international carrier network. In 2012, net sales amounted to SEK 105 billion, EBITDA to SEK 36.1 billion and earnings per share to SEK 4.59. The TeliaSonera share is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and NASDAQ OMX Helsinki. Read more at www.teliasonera.com.