At Telia Company we encourage and enable everyone to be their best, most brilliant, and authentic selves. We provide equal opportunities to ensure that our employees reflect the diversity of the customers and societies we serve.
What does D&I mean to Telia Company?
Diversity and Inclusion is an integral part of Telia Company’s culture and one of the ways we bring our purpose and values to life. We exist to reinvent better connected living and hence reinvent for better inclusion for our employees and our customers in the markets where we operate. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture for every talent to be seen and every voice to be heard. We believe that our differences strengthen our togetherness.
At Telia Company, we constantly work towards ways to make our company more inclusive. So far, we have met with success, but our efforts don’t stop here.
Our public goals for D&I
- 50/50 gender balance in the Executive leadership team of Telia Company by 2025
- All Telia Company managers are to be trained in unconscious bias and inclusive recruitment practices by 2025
- Continuously assess and decrease the gender pay gap, raw, and weighted
- Partnerships for improving diversity and inclusion on the tech labor market through re-skilling and up-skilling, both of internal employees and talent pools outside of Telia Company
- Conduct a voluntary survey on employees’ diversity and perception of belonging, inclusion, and equal opportunityto be able to improve for all minorities at Telia Company
Status as of 2021
- Common equal pay and gender pay gap analysis carried out in all markets
- Internal unconscious bias training launched across geographical footprint
- All recruiters trained in inclusive recruitment practices and inclusive advertising
- Roll out of mandatory recruitment trainings for managers
- Brand platform launched in all countries to highlight the diversity of our staff in job advertisements and public communication
- Local Diversity managers in all countries driving the D&I agenda
- Internal Diversity Networks in every country activating employees in D&I and using them as sounding boards for inclusion improvements
- “Telia Diversity Talks” - publicly open live-streamed webinars - are held quarterly to raise awareness on various D&I topics within Telia Company and beyond, such as gender equality, allyship, ageism, LGBTQI, ethnicity, and disability
- Encouraging girls and women to pursue a career in IT/Tech by arranging a yearly Female Role Model Day in all markets, such as “Cracking the Code in Tech” 2021 event, and sponsoring local Girls go Tech initiatives in many countries
- Members of local Diversity Charters in most of our markets
- Actively participating in staking out the Nordic CEO Coalition’s roadmap on promoting D&I in the workplace and target plan
- Active part of DUFA, a digital upskilling project that aims to develop best practices to improve diversity in the telecom world