At Telia Company we encourage and enable everyone to be their best, most brilliant, and authentic selves. We strive to provide equal opportunities to ensure employee rights and that our employees reflect the diversity of the customers and societies we serve.
Allison Kirkby, President & CEO of Telia Company, on Telia Company’s commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
What does D&I mean to Telia Company?
Diversity and Inclusion is an integral part of Telia Company’s culture and one of the ways we bring our purpose and values to life. We exist to reinvent better connected living and hence reinvent for better inclusion for our employees and our customers in the markets where we operate. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture to encourage and enable everyone to be their best, most brilliant, and authentic selves, and ensure every talent is seen and every voice is heard.
At Telia Company, we constantly work towards ways to make our company more inclusive. So far, we have met with success, but our efforts don’t stop here.
Our public goals for D&I
- 50/50 gender balance in the Extended Leadership team of Telia Company by 2025
- Continuously decrease the raw gender pay gap
- All managers trained in unconscious bias and inclusive recruitment practices by 2023
- Conduct a voluntary diversity, belonging and equality survey to understand a wider set of workforce diversity aspects and needed interventions by 2024.
- Increase diversity at Telia Company and in the tech sector through continuous partnerships focusing on digital and tech re-skilling & up-skilling
Ensure that diversity & inclusion aspects permeate our TV&Media business on and off-air
Status as of 2021
- Gender Balance in the Extended Leadership Team: 37% Female & 63% Male
- Common equal pay and gender pay gap analysis carried out in all markets
Raw gender pay gap decreased by 2 percentage points in 2021, compared to 2020
- 20% managers took the Unconscious Bias e-learning and 38% managers have been trained on Inclusive Recruitment Practices
- A pilot diversity and inclusion survey was performed. Age, gender, region of birth for various target groups dosclosed in the Annual and Sustainability Report
- Virtual meet up with immigrants to showcase opportunities through vocational tech and IT re-skilling, together with external organizations specializing in re-skilling
- Awareness raising seminars and workshops on biases conducted for TV4 staff
More information can be found on pages 99-101 in the 2021 Annual and Sustainability Report.