Telia Company exercises mandate to buy back shares to cover commitments under the ´Long Term Incentive Program 2015/2018’
- 2018-04-27 15:55 UTC
The Board of Directors has decided to exercise the mandate for the buy-back of shares that was approved by the Annual General Meeting on April 10, 2018.
To cover commitments under the “Long Term Incentive Program 2015/2018”, approved by the Annual General Meeting in 2015, the Board has decided to buy back a maximum of 445,891 shares.
The buy-back program is being carried out in accordance with the Market Abuse Regulation (EU) No 596/2014 (”MAR”) and the Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 2016/1052 (the “Safe Harbour Regulation”). The buy-back program will be managed by an investment firm or credit institution that makes its trading decisions regarding the timing of the buy-backs of Telia Company’s shares independently of Telia Company.
The buy-back program is subject to the following terms:
- Share repurchases can be made between 2 May 2018 and 4 May 2018.
- A maximum of445,891 shares at a total amount not exceeding SEK 25 million may be repurchased.
- Repurchases are to be made on Nasdaq Stockholm and in accordance with Nasdaq Stockholm’s Rule Book for Issuers, MAR and the Safe Harbour Regulation.
- Repurchases of shares on Nasdaq Stockholm are to be made at a per-share price within the registered interval for the going rate at any given time, which denotes the interval between the highest purchase price and the lowest selling price.
- According to the mandate given at the Annual General Meeting 10 April 2018, Telia Company’s holding of its own shares may not at any time exceed 10 percent of the outstanding shares in Telia Company. The total number of outstanding shares currently amounts to 4,330,084,781 and Telia Company’s current holding of own shares amounts to 2 350 000 shares.
- Payment for the shares will be made in cash.
The above buy-back program is in addition to the SEK 5 billion buy-back program announced by Telia Company on 20 April 2018.
For more information, please contact:
Andreas Joelsson, Head of Investor Relations
Tel: +46(0)70 863 33 27
|Ralf Bagner, Press Officer ||Johanna Hansson Press Officer|
|Tel: +46(0)70 338 72 48||+46(0)73 086 47 14|
For more information, please contact our press office +46 771 77 58 30, visit our Newsroom or follow us on Twitter @Teliacompany.
We’re Telia Company, the New Generation Telco. Our approximately 20,000 talented colleagues serve millions of customers every day in one of the world’s most connected regions. With a strong connectivity base, we’re the hub in the digital ecosystem, empowering people, companies and societies to stay in touch with everything that matters 24/7/365 - on their terms. Headquartered in Stockholm, the heart of innovation and technology, we’re set to change the industry and bring the world even closer for our customers. Read more at www.teliacompany.com.